LOWER CAMPUS

 

Name of the School:               Wangbama Central School

Village:                                     GENEKHA,

Gewog:                                    Geney,

Dzongkhag:                            Thimphu.

Year of establishment:           1990

Total Area:                               10.45 Acres

Thram No:                                44

Class Range From:                 PP to  VIII

Road Access:                          Yes

School Category:                    Semi Remote

School Status:                         Boarding

 

Brief History

 

The school is located 36 kms away from the Thimphu City in the village of Zangleykha, a village under Geney Gewog. To reach the school, one has to take the same route to Higher Campus. From the Higher Campus, it is approximately 5 kms and must take the Gewog road crossing Chizhi Goenpa. Genekha Campus was one of the Lower Secondary Schools till 2014. It was established in May 1990 as extended classroom (ECR) by Mr. Jas Raj Rai as first Headmaster with 37 students. The school was upgraded to Primary School in 1991 with 60 students. WFP in the school was introduced in 1991. Mr. Sonam Phuntsho took charge of the school in the year 1998. He served for six years. In the year 2003, the school was relocated and was upgraded to Lower Secondary School with 8 teachers and 5 non-teaching staff. Mr. Lhawang Norbu took charge on 1st February, 2008. Pricnipal Sonam Drukpa, took charge of the school on 27th February 2014. The school was formally merged as Wangbama Central School on 28th April 2015.

 

 

ADDRESS

 

WANGBAMA CENTRAL SCHOOL

GENEY GEWOG

PO BOX-1884

📧tp.wangbamacs@education.gov.bt

 Principal Office: 📱+97577101807 | Vice Principal: 📱+97577101808 | General Office: 📱+97577101809

 

                                                                                                 © Wangbama Central School, 2019